Well, yesterday was moving day for me! My friends Jovanna, Fedor and Joanna all met at my old place to load up and move me to my new place. Arcinda met us here and helped us unload. We went to the food court at the mall for lunch then to Fedor's to watch Kal Ho Naa Ho, which I've been raving about. Unfortunately, I had the VHS copy and Fedor's VCR wasn't working so we borrowed the one at my new place b/c Fedor's got a great big tv and surround sound system.
We ended up just chatting for a few hours. Then we decided to go to an Indian store and I bought the dvd. We got ready to watch and thought to order pizza. I checked my voice-mail and found out one of my new roomies had left a dvd she needed to return in there. I headed back to the house to give it to her and we went back to Fedor's where the pizza had just arrived. We chatted for a while as we ate and then started the movie. Fedor and Joanna weren't to thrilled about it and about 1/2 an hour into it we decided to turn it off. It was a bootleged copy (maybe done in the theatre) and wasn't very good and the subtitles were light. Maybe not the best movie to introduce Fedor to Bollywood and I'd talked it up so much that I think Joanna was a bit disappointed. Arcinda seemed to enjoy it so I lent her my VHS which was a much better quality than the bootlegged dvd. We ended up watching another movie before we all departed.
I'm so thankful God allowed me the opportunity to meet and make such caring and wonderful girls through my church.
I have been and still am pretty excited about my move. The girls here seem very sweet and I'm looking forward to how God is going to use my time here to grow and stretch and teach me. I've been feeling a bit under the weather however since Sat. evening. I think I hadn't been geting enough sleep last week and as a result it's put a damper on my spirits.
Church today was great. I was really encouraged in sharing the Gospel and relying on God's work to bring fruit as well as encouraged by the parable of the seeds that there may not be fruit without, but fruit will occur and it's our job to preach the word so that that can take place and leave the results in God's hands.
After church, I had lunch with several people at the home of Hannah and Mike and it was lovely. I ended up coming home after because I'm really tired and think that maybe rest and relaxation would be best for me right now. SO sadly...no church tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment