The Lord has been real gracious to me in the past few days. I've had some really good times of fellowship and contemplation in Him.
Yesterday I spent a few hours helping out some friends from church who are leaving to pastor a church in the Carribbean. Then I spent a few hours getting to know the wife and mother of a family who just came back from years of missions work in the East and I just really enjoyed spending time with her and found her very encouraging. We had dinner with her family where I was simply overjoyed to find out that they are also fans of Bollywood/Hindi movies. I almost fell out of my chair when, after sheepishly revealing my love of Bollywood movies her husband exclaimed, "Have you seen Kal Ho Naa Ho?!" (my most recent fave) and also commended Khabbie Khushie Khabbie Gham. They recommended another that I've heard good stuff about and hopefully she and I can get together sometime this summer to watch it since she missed it while her husband and sons were watching it.
From there we headed to church for a ladies night of praise and prayer. We spent some time praising and exalting the Lord in song and one of our members with longer tenure came forward to speak to us. I had been looking forward to hearing from her since my discipler had told me a few weeks ago that she would be speaking. We were blessed and encouraged as she shared with us "My Heart, Christ's Home", an allegory of the Lordship of Jesus in the Christian life. God really used it to speak to me about the things that I am holding onto and about whether I'm truly making Him the king of my life and allowing Him to sit upon and rule the throne. Here's a link to the work on the web: http://www.spiritwatch.org/hearthome.htm
I got a ride back with one of the coordinators of the women's event and was able to share how God had been working in my life lately regarding drawing me to the church and my living and job situation. What a sweet and encouraging lady, I really look forward to opportunities to get to know her better.
Today, started off lazily. I finished the audio recording of "The Devil Wears Prada" and walked to the store to get ingredients for my spinach dip and crescent roll mix. I was about to go for a walk but it started raining so I cleaned the downstairs bathroom. The rain let up for a while so I went for a brisk walk before coming home and getting ready for a get together at Fedor's. I made my spinach dip with artichoke and headed to Fedor, Katy, East and Sara's. People started trickling in and there ended up being about 12-13 of us the last person coming in real late because she wanted to still pop in after the tubing outing that quite a few people went to this morning. It was a great time of getting to know other members of the church and just hanging out. Seriously these people are TOO funny. One of our elders was there and although I'd kind of gotten to know him a few months ago at a baseball game we were all like, "Hey, he's cool- he's got jokes!" It was really neat when he shared with us one of the best things of getting to serve with the pastor who is leaving to go to the Caribbean. Although it's kind of sad and hard to think that tomorrow is their last day here with us, I'm encouraged by how God has used him at our church. Besides, look at the bright side, we all now have a great reason to go to a great vacation spot!
Well, two of my roomies are planning on going to church with me tomorrow and I was hoping to get a good walk in before leaving, tomorrow is going to be a LOOOONG, full day.
No comments:
Post a Comment