Saturday, July 29, 2006

Yesterday I spent the morning and afternoon with a lady from my church and her daughter and son at the pool. I just had a great time getting to know her and spending time with them. It's amazing as people share how God has worked in their lives and you hear of so many different and unique experiences and realize that for His children all things work together for good to those that love Him that He has called to Himself and that my faith and trust should be secure in Christ and not any gift or blessing He has given me.

Then I jetted home to get ready real quick and meet up at church for evangelism. There were just 3 of us again and we had dinner at this Jamaican restaurant. Great patties! I must go back!

We were having a pretty slow night and were contemplating crossing to the other side of the street when we ran into 2 guys who were willing to take a moment to talk to us. I remember thinking as we approached them that they looked engrossed in a conversation and probably would be too busy to talk to us. In fact as we told them who we were and what we wanted to talk about we found out that the one guy told us that he grew up as a PK and that he was fallen by the wayside and in recent conversations with his Christian friends he'd begun to think that God was calling Him back home. Joey and I continued talking to him as Shannon spoke on the side with his friend. The guy went on to tell us that he was just getting some suggestions from his friend on approaching a certain situation and he mentioned that he had started thinking that it was time for him to become fully devoted to God like he knew he should be. He told us that his life hadn't been going very well that he wasn't doing the things he should and within the past year he had lost everything and likened himself to the prodigal son.

We shared Scripture with Him that speaks of how the Christian walk is not and will not be easy but that all the saints will persevere. We encouraged Him to seek to be devoted to Christ and live a life that pleases Him.

I was just so blown away by that encounter and reminded of the love of God and the lengths that He has gone through and goes through to make it possible for us to come to Him. I was just humbled and amazed that God would allow us to take part in sharing the news of salvation and seeing Him work in the lives of others.

I got to help a girl from church sit for some amazing twins from our church today. While they were napping and in between playing with them we got to chat and know each other a little better. Afterwards, we went to look at a place she's thinking of renting and then went over to a housewarming that a newlywed couple from church was having. I had a really good time getting to know and chat with them and look forward to getting to know them better and seeing God work in their lives over the next few years that I'm here.

I just came from a run (this time it was most certainly 2 miles) with my roomie Katie. Rose walked part way and then took a different trail. We were supposed to be having a roomie night tonight, watching a Hindi movie and making some Indian eats but Mary punked out on us-she's going to bed! Yup. Mary punked out-but I still like her. She can continue rooming here. As much as lieth within me, I'll be able to live peaceably with her. Besides it is getting kind of late.

1 comment:

KC said...

Next time we'll do our best to have a roomie night early enough to include you. Your company always adds excitement- or at least somehow makes me jump or squeal!