Answered Prayer!
So this afternoon I received a call and just missed it. Thinking it was a friend calling me back from work I immediately redialed it to be answered by Human Resources. I then thought that it must be the general line and that maybe I'd just shoot her another e-mail and apologized that I may have the wrong number. The lady on the phone said perhaps it wasn't and I explained that I just got a call and was redialing thinking it was a friend. Then it hit me that she said Human Resources and I asked which Human Resource office it was.
It turns out it was Human Resources for the school system I'd been waiting to hear from so that we could finalize my job for this fall! She invited me to orientation and contract signing tomorrow or Thursday, both of which I already have plans for at those times. So I will be attending next week's job signing and orientation for my ESOL position this fall. I was so surprised. I mean, I knew and was confident that God would work everything out and just last night when Katie's sister asked what they could pray for me for I specifically asked that God would speed things up in that office and I'd get all of this taken care of in a timely manner but I was still taken aback. So after going on about how good, faithful and on time God was- the lady on the phone agreed. I hung up and dropped on my knees and just thanked and praised God for His faitfulness. Then I called my discipler to share the good news with her. Noone was at my house here or back home and it's always so nice to have someone to rejoice with. She did a splendid job!
Once again I'm so amazed at how good God is to me because I am so undeserving of His kindness, grace, mercy and love. And once again, I'm reminded that this is all for HIS glory. I don't know why God chose to allow me to go through such a long, drawn out process before having any type of confirmation but I know that He got glory out of it and that He has my good included. I'm not sure what God is going to do while I'm at my new job, home or church but I'm quite confident that not only does he want to use the people and circumstances that I will encounter but He also wants me to actively pursue godliness as He conforms me to Christ's image.
No comments:
Post a Comment