I can't believe I have only 2 full weeks left before going back to work! I have to start preparing by going to bed early, getting up at the time I'm supposed to and I'm going to have to do a dry run of the trip to work. I was looking at my school schedule for the upcoming year and a little bummed that aside from winter and spring vacation I have like one day off each month (one month with no days off). I was reminded this weekend that I can't transfer all the religious holidays from my old job at a private school and I do get summers off- so I'm just gonna have to deal with the change. I must admit though, I've been quite blessed with my incredibly long and wonderful summer!
Michael preached a great sermon on the need, nature, effects and end of sacrifice. I was reminded that Jesus' sacrifice was once and for all for His sheep. The end was that we might be able to perfectly reflect or display God's glory as Adam and Eve did before the fall. This really encouraged me because as I think about how difficult it is at times to make my life a living sacrifice I'm encouraged that in all of these struggles I'm being conformed to God's image. There's so much comfort and hope in that for me as I'm daily reminded that I can't live this life on my own, that what I want to do, I don't and what I don't want to do I do. The sacrifice was needed because I CAN'T be holy. The sacrifice means that one day my struggle to attain godliness will be conquered, not by me but by the one who provided the sacrifice for me.
I wasn't feeling quite well today and was going to go home for a nap but ended up going to Bev and Li's for lunch. They are such great hosts. The food was scrumdiddlyumptious! Li really has a gift for manipulating food and creating these delicious meals. Fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar chips, bbq beef, this delightful pasta with chicken and sesame sauce- really if I ever have the means I'm going to ask her to quit her job and be my personal chef! In the meantime I guess I'll just have to keep sampling the eats and trying out the recipes myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment