Monday, July 03, 2006

Today was a pretty good day. During my devotions this morning I was reminded of God's faithfulness even though we are undeserving and oftentimes unfaithful to Him. I hung around the house and tried to organize my room (I was somewhat successful) so that I won't be overwhelmed when I have to bring the rest of my stuff (and oh how MUCH stuff I have) from my old place.

I went with Malia to pick Ruhiyyih up from her work (she got off early today)and join us in taking some of her clothes to a consignment store in that area. We were unsuccessful as both of the places we were looking into were closed due to the holiday.

Back at home I decided to walk to the bank and library (everything is a decent walking distance to my new home). So after my 10 minute walk to the bank I realize that I didn't have a pen and of course the bank was closed. I didn't want the trip to be in vain so I decided to try to find a pen. I walked to a nearby dry cleaners and made my odd request. The lady at the counter complied and I filled out my deposit form. Upon returning to the bank I waited as someone else was in front of me. After I got ready to make my deposit I realized that I had the wrong amount on it. While waiting a firetruck pulled up across the street and two firemen got out and walked over to use the machine after me. I thought I'd just go and borrow a pen again from someplace else so I let them go ahead after asking if they had a pen. Neither men did. I really didn't want to go back to the dry cleaners and I guess the 2nd fireman sensed my hesitation and told me that he bet that guy in the front seat has one and that I could ask him. I said, "Really?" then decided why not. So I walked across the street over to the drivers side of the firetruck in which an unsure firetruck driver looked at me quizzically and asked if I could borrow a pen. Sure enough he had one and lent it to me. I made my transaction and could now be on my merry way. LIFE.

No comments: