Thursday, July 13, 2006

I volunteered at the pregnancy center and was actually able to sit in on a session today, I'd been looking forward to this since yesterday when we discussed the possibility. While I already knew that this experience is out of my element and will be stretching, I was able to see that though many of these ladies come from different walks in life we are all still women created by God with desires, hopes, dreams, ambitions, feelings and fears. God really made me thankful for His hand in sparing and redeeming me from some of the harsh realities of life that I too could have partaken in and desirous to share His glorious truth and hope of fulfillment through Him alone with the women He places me in contact with through this ministry.

I came home and chilled before biking to my discipler's house. It's not far away but there was this hill........When I made it to the top and saw that it was coasting for a good ways, I was like, "yes!" I got there all hot and sweaty but it was good exercise.

We had a good time of fellowship together in between watching and interacting with the girls and sharing what God has been doing in our lives and teaching us through the book we're going through. We ordered pizza from my FAVORITE pizza place- I even got tomato, onions and black olives! Yummy! The girls each wanted to bless our food, there parents have obviously set a good example about prayer it was just precious to hear them pray, especially the 2 year old as she addressed God as "Dear Father" and thanked him that I could come and be with her. I;m really glad we got to meet early today because I enjoyed spending time with her girls they are soo cute!


I biked back home, more hills but this time I just got off the bike and walked up the steep ones. I was surprised to find one of my roomies home sick with a stomach bug of some sort. Poor thing was sick last week with a similar ailment. She even had to miss her small group meeting. I hope she feels better soon.

Well I'm really psyched about this book on tape that I just picked up from the library and hope to listen to some of it before bed tonight.

No comments: