After a lovely Sunday morning service during which 2 of my roomates visited, lunch with an intern who also attends my church and evening service, I finally had to bid adieu to some very special people.
There were many teary eyes, sad faces, heavy hearts and deep sighs as one of our pastors and his wife addressed and said goodbye to us. A few members spoke publicly to them and following the service there were lines to tell them goodbye.
I'm not very good with good byes. I've had so many wonderful people come and go in my life that I think I'm used to it now and just accept it. God has been so gracious to me however, in the past 3-4 months to bless me with the warmth and love of this family. I haven't known them very long but they have helped me feel as if this church were truly my home- something I haven't felt in over 8 years since I left my own country and home church.
It's been such a blessing and encouragement to have his wife just open her arms, heart and home to me and take me under her wing. We've had some wonderful conversations and experiences in such a short time and she has ALWAYS had time for me. I've enjoyed shopping, cooking and cleaning with her. And God has taught me so much through her example of a godly wife, mother and sister in Christ. She had such care and concern for her husband and is so gentle and loving with her sweet precious girls. I've admired her desire to seek God's best for them in homeschooling and have even had the opportunity to hang around and observe. She is an amazing woman of God and sister in Christ!
He is truly blessed with the gift of making people feel at ease and welcome and I will always appreciate His genuine concern and care for members and His attempts to know people and what is going on in their lives. Within weeks of me visiting he'd known my name. I wasn't even a member until 4 months later and our church has over 500 members!

Although I am sad to see them go, knowing how much they have impacted my life in the past few months (a relatively short period of time), I am excited for the people they will be serving in the Carribbean and the blessings they will have under their pastoral care. God has been so gracious in giving them to our church and in His wisdom and love He now sees it fit to grant this pastor the desire of His heart while gifting another body of Christ.
I just want you to know that I will be praying for you and your family and will remember you with fond memories and love, especially whenever I look at "Anyabwile".

Thanks again for the gift, it really means a lot to me. May the Lord watch between us while we are absent one from another.
No comments:
Post a Comment