Well, the new K/1st grade teacher arrived this morning and I was able to start observing K-2nd grade before our ESL team meeting this afternoon. I'm actually kind of glad I was in the kindergarten room these past few days as I found out the returning ESL teacher had been directing the other teacher who's new to the school to do some things that weren't according to the principal's plan so I wasn't caught up in that.
Anyway, I got my case load today. I have all of the kindergarten classes (2 1/2), first grade classes (2 1/2) and a 2nd grade class. I'm excited and already praying for wisdom, understanding and creativity in planning my schedule to service all these classes, co-teaching with the classroom teachers as well as planning reinforcement and learning activities for the students when I see them in my room. It's nice though to finally have something concrete to focus on.
Being distracted and consumed with kindergarten was good for me this week because it's taken my focus off of my impending birthday this weekend that I hadn't really been looking forward to earlier this week. Interestingly enough, I just read an article about 60 being the new 45.
Well, I was thinking about my pastor's sermon last Sunday centered around the first chapter of Ruth(it was SO good) and just praying for eyes to see the barley harvest. I'm trying to remember God's goodness and kindness to me throughout the years of life He's given me thus far as well as in relation to how He has provided and proven faithful with my job situation and reminding myself of His faithfulness and trustworthiness in regards to His plan for my life and placing me where I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment