Well, my parents left to return home this afternoon. My Heavenly Father was faithful in answering my requests to help us to enjoy our last days of this trip here together. They got lost on the drive up but miraculously were guided in this general direction until stopping hours later where they received more specific directions on getting where they needed to be. I myself spent 1/2 an hour looking for their hotel so I was a little anxious that while they were in the city they were having such a hard time finding it. However, the Father's mercies and kindness prevailed in getting them lost in one of the few areas of the city that I was familiar with and I was able to get them and guide them to where they needed to be. Every morning we met and had breakfast together which was nice and we just had an enjoyable time together which I am SO thankful for.
Today I spent my LAST official day off before getting into my work routine going into headquarters to turn in my benefits information and get my ID. It took quite a while especially since the faithful workers had worked for several hours since morning without a break and finally took a break just before calling me. Those who hadn't been called had to return in an hour. I had the wonderful opportunity to converse with a lady who had actually worked with my principal and just had so many good things to say about that school, the principal and the area of teaching that I'm going into. While I confident that I've been led where I am, I'll admit that there have been some reservations especially regarding the switch from private to public school and hearing her high commendations and encouragement was really encouragement from a higher source to me.
I came home and got to chat with my roomie, Kyla's guest for the week, Amy. She's very sweet and I enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about her. The evening ended on a bittersweet note however. Ru was checking her mail and found out that yet another friend who was deployed had passed on. This is the 4th death of a friend for Ru in less than 2 months and it was really taxing on her. It was a blessing and buffer to the blow however, in the confidence and knowledge she and his loved ones have in knowing that one day she would see this friend again in a better place where there will be no more pain, sadness, sorrow or war.
No comments:
Post a Comment