Monday, December 11, 2006

What a wonderfully, unseasonable and fabulous day today was! I got to leave later for work because of a workshop I had to attend and come home earlier because one component wasn't working well. I took the rail because there's no parking at the school that we convened at and it was just a BEAUTIFUL, sunny day!

As I was walking home I couldn't stop thanking God for the opportunity to have to take the rail on such a gorgeous day. I think I had a smile permanently plastered on my face because people kept saying hi and smiling at me. I was so excited as I neared home that I wanted to burst into song and dance. However, I quickly realized that 1- as reluctant as I am to admit it, I am not a part of my very own musical, 2-I no longer have that girlish look thus people may actually start to look at me with fear and 3-my feet in any heels other than my dancing shoes just aren't comfortable to dance in. So I decided to express my bubbly joy in another manner. I found my camera and started taking pictures on the way home. I figured when the weather gets beastly cold and I'm tempted to grumble and complain I'll have a visual reminder of how kind God was to me today- not that He isn't still kind to me on days when it's so cantankerously cold that I cry.
I took pictures of the beautiful path I got to walk home today as the birds chirped, the sun shone on my face and I blissfully strolled along. Once I got home I cheerfully fought with the mailbox to retrieve our mail as my bag slid off of my arm. I was gleefully greeted by one of my housies who didn't have to work or go to school today.
Actually, she opened the door and asked me if I was having problems because I was struggling to get inside, but hey, in my mind it was perfect day and the glass is always mostly full on perfect days.
Then she humored me by taking pictures of me in this most fantabulous weather making it a sepectatcular occasion.
Can you tell that being exposed to the sun and its warmth,puts me in an particularly good mood?
Prompted by the realization that it was still early and light out and that I could probably get a run in I dashed out to enjoy the few moments of fantastic dayness that were left. I love going for runs, especially in delightful weather because it gives me a good time with no distractions to talk to my Heavenly Father. As I ran, I thought of and prayed for friends and family, unsaved coworkers, thanked God for His faithfulness and the blessings of living where I can throw on my running shoes and head out the door without feeling threatened or unsafe.

However, that got me thinking about the reality of things. While I am thankful for the peace of mind I hold in that respect, until Christ's final and triumphant return, nothing about this world is safe. The only safety and/or security lies in a right relationship with God. And I was reminded to live in light of that. To hold loosely to the things of this world but tightly to my Lord and Savior, the promises and truths that I find in Him and seek ways to make Him and His truth known to others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, nice hat, nice girl.