My Aunt Janet met us at the airport and braved the lunchtime rush hour traffic to take us to my Grammy's house to surprise her. As we made our way to Grammy's house I couldn't help thinking that aside from the charitably warm weather, there's just a different feel to island life, even in the city.
3 hours later Daddy had picked us up at the airport and we were on the very long road home.
I was bubbling with excitement because it had been a year since I'd been home and everything was so warm, welcoming and familiar.
My own island is much more calm, laid back and there's not all the hustle and bustle of the city life. Kind of like the contrast between Miami and Lynchburg.
When I got home I was overjoyed.
Daddy and I got camera cut-up syndrome.
My brother ws charged with the task of following us around and taking pictures of us in our corresponding states of glee.
He obliged.
It was fun to be silly and goofy with my Daddy at home again.
It was fun to watch Daddy being silly and goofy too!
After my brother and I'd gotten settled in, we had dinner. My first meal at home was a combination of our favorite dishes- minced lobster(me) and lots of vegetables(my brother).
It was quite tasty! After dinner I introduced Mummy to one of my new favorite shows, The Office and Daddy came and joined us shortly. I think there are now 2 new fans. In fact, I think Daddy appreciated it more than Mummy. Then again, he was always one for corny, cheesy jokes. All, in all a top day. It's great to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment