Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recently because of the frequent rain during the winter season I've been rocking my galoshes to work. I'd often end up clunking around with them all day inside the building. It's not too big of a deal because I like my galoshes. I think they're cute. Plus, when my students come in and want to change into to their slippers and I know it's going to take a whole 5-10 minutes more I can always point to my galoshes and say, "See I still have mine on. No big deal." That SOMETIMES takes care of that....

However, lately, there's been many a day when I'm getting ready, look outside at the rain coming down, get to work and my kids outvote me that it's NOT a rainy day but cloudy and windy instead, because in the 2 hours from the time I looked outside my apartment to us identifying the day's weather, it's stopped raining and I realize that I didn't really need galoshes to go from the apartment to the bus and from the bus to my work building . Did I mention that since moving here weather forecasts have become something more of a suggestion than an actual useless information? At the suggestion of a coworker, I started bringing a pair of comfy shoes (you know, they're called Skechers in the fall/winter and Chacos in the spring/summer) to work.

Anyway, this past weekend we had our first major snowstorm Friday night to Monday and earned ourselves 2 snow days. I'm not a big fan of snow (I'm not going to get into that in this post) and didn't anticipate being outside much. I figured Skechers will be fine. Well, today of ALLLL days is probably when I needed them most. It rained so much (I love that after snow!) and because it was so much warmer, at the end of the day as I had to take some of my kids to their buses, I no longer saw piles of snow on the ground to step on but found myself stepping in THIS............



.......Yeah, DEFINITELY a day for boots! My Skechers will need a good drying out when I get home.

..........................On another note, this is kind of late, b/c I didn't get around to doing it until recently. In any event, the cute factor is still pretty high. So, from my Kindergarten class to you............................

No comments: