Thursday, January 11, 2007


GETTING BACK IN THE ROUTINE

It was SOOO hard for me to get back in the groove this week. Seriously, I've in bed by 10 each night. I love my job but I think that since this is the first time I'm living with non-teachers I'm really grasping that my job is quite possibly one of the few that is so all-encompassing and can't quite be left at the work site. At least not if you want to be a good teacher. With all the work to do AT work there's still papers to grade, lessons to plan, data to assess and even if you're not physically doing that you're still finding yourself thinking about work and what isn't working and what could work better.

God answered a non-audible prayer today when I was working with 3 of my students yesterday morning and our school receptionist came in to inform me that my observation is postponed from today to next Wednesday! I was so relieved. Getting back into the pace of school and trying to make sure everything was ready for my observation next week was kind of stressful. I realized that especially after the 2 week break my lesson needed to be modified to ensure learning.

One of the ESL teachers is not back yet so I'll be picking up some of his kids since they won't be able to receive ESL services. I'm glad to help students learn but juggling my regular schedule this week has been somewhat overwhelming and having to plan for and accomodate another group and level of students doesn't help. On a funnier note, it also didn't help that I walked around almost all day today thinking it was Thursday. I picked up the wrong students for pull-out and it wasn't until the end of the day when I was returning a new student I'd just tested that I realized my goof! Thankfully, I can pick them up tomorrow instead and it gave me an opportunity to prep the kids that will be in my observation lesson for the lesson on Wed.

My Heavenly Father has been kind in bringing to mind Col. 3:23 "Whatsoever you do do it heartily as unto the Lord and not unto men", and Matt. 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." I keep reminding myself that this job is a gift from God and that if I see it as such and ask Him to give me wisdom and discipline at completing it well, it can be a testimony to others that I can use to point them to Him.

No comments: