Auntie returned from Florida and when Mummy and I returned from picking her up from the harbor, my brother's friends had to depart shortly thereafter because some of them would be participating in Junkanoo. It was nice to see them again and meet some of them for the first time. 
Last year at this time, I remember my aunt and I both being uncertain about what the future held regarding dreams and plans. She had been trying for years to build her house and had been met with so many roadblocks, yet was once more asking God to make this dream of hers a reality. Since graduating with my undergrad, I'd wanted to teach ESL but had been tied to the private school and church I was working for and in order to even attempt to teach ESL, I had to leave my job early with no assurance of whether I'd even be able to secure another job and sponsonr in time, where I'd live or how I'd support myself all summer with no income.Mummy, Auntie and I joined in the Appling fun before I decided to go over to Auntie's new house to spend the night.
Auntie and I stayed up into the wee hours of the 2nd unpacking,catching up and reminding each other of God's blessings and faithfulness over the past year since we'd last seen each other.




Now, almost exactly a year later, we were sitting in my Aunt's house that we'd prayed for and I was on break from the ESL position that God had blessed me with.
Seeing God's providing a house for Auntie that is so much better than any I could have dreamed or imagined and getting ready to go to Nassau to finalize the paperwork that I prayed that God would put in place, I'm reminded of the fact that His ways and thoughts are higher than mine and that in His timing God works things out above and beyond what we could ask or imagine.There are things that, by the grace of God, I plan on developing this year- being on time, being a good steward of my money, time and belongings and being more organized. However, In light of what God has done in my life in 2006, and how I was challenged by Ps. 37:3-7 and Pr. 3:5-7 which Mummy shared with me today, I pray and resolve that in 2007, I will : truly learn to delight in God,
rest in God and wait patiently for Him in all things,
not fret about those prospering in their own way,
trust in God and not lean on my own understanding,
acknowledge God in all my ways and
fear God and not be wise in my own eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment