Sunday, January 14, 2007

CHANGE OF PLANS
I got home tonight and was able to go for a quick run before grabbing dinner and getting ready to meet my friend Jovanna to attend a singles ministry at a church near here. She was originally supposed to drive but unfortunately her car is overheating so I was supposed to get her and drive. My housemates all left to see a kiddie production of the book "the 12 dancing princesses" an hour before I left. Laur and Ky even donned slippers like the princesses in the book and Laur, Mar and Ru put on skirts that twirled.

I walked out of the house an hour later and pulled the door to before realizing that I'd left my keys inside. Why is this now the 2nd Friday in a ROW?!!! I tried all the housies to see if we still kept a spare key around but their phones were all turned off. I tried calling Joey and Zilke, who had also been planning to go, to see if they were still in the area. Unfortunately by the time I thought about it they were minutes away fromt the church. I tried KA and Fedor to see if I could hang out at their place until the housies got home but neither answered their phone. Finally I thought to call a family that lives a few blocks away after Jovanna found their number for me but they didn't pick up. So the only thing I could think of short of walking to the mall and hanging out there for a few hours or taking a cab to Jovanna's was to see if my discipler was home and if it would be okay for me to spend a few hours there. She was and she was happy to accomodate. Ky called me back during the intermission, I explained what had happened and gave her the address so they could pick me up afterwards.

I hadn't spent anytime with my discipler since she had her baby in October and it was really good to catch up with her and see her infant daughter who's grown SO much. It was also kind of neat to have her husband there. I've never had an extended conversation with him because he was always gone when she and I got together. I really enjoyed the time that I spent there with them and appreciated them being so accomodating. The housies arrived to pick me up, although at first they popped the trunk and told me to get in-always with the jokes. After dropping Ru home we had dinner at The Cheescake Factory, which is now officially my favorite restaurant.

All in all I was kind of glad that my plans didn't go how I had intended because I thoroughly enjoyed the way the Lord orchestrated the night. It kind of made me think of life in general. We make plans that can be good, even great but God's ways and thoughts are higher and sometimes He changes those plans to nothing we intended but something we end up enjoying all the same and possibly even more.

No comments: