Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Sightseeing Tarsus

So today my friends and I got ready to travel to Tarsus and see what was to be seen there. Before leaving the city, we stopped at a restaurant that's known for making really good Tantuni. My friend had told us about it when we arrived and that we should try it before leaving. I think a tantuni is kind of a cross between a soft taco and a a flauta/toquito. It's rolled and filled with beef or lamb and apparently is typically spicy. They serve it to you in these wax-like paper things and folded up like a 'U'. They also provide you with various greens, tomatoes, lemon, pickled cabbage and peppers that you can add to the tantuni. I don't do spicy so I got mine with onions and not spicy. I added lettuce, tomatoes and pickled red cabbage. Let me just say-Yummmmmmmmyyy! I had TWO of these bad boys and thoroughly enjoyed them!


In Tarsus, we visited St. Paul's well. There was a little garden on-site that had the most interesting looking flowers/shrubbery that looked like cabbage. It was kind of pretty.

From there we headed to the Tarsus waterfall. It was very pretty. I think there's even a restaurant there. I could see it being quite romantic.

During the trip was I saw one of the most beautiful mosques that I have ever seen before. That sounds kinda weird but it was so pretty, clean and well decorated I found it striking enough to want to take a pic.

No comments: