
I first had this my first fall here at a Women's conference and loved it. However, since then I've had it at other places and I haven't really been too impressed. Its either missing a kick (lemon?) and has other ingredients that I don't care for (lettuce, mint). So I thought it'd be great if I could find a recipe and tweak it to taste as good as I remembered. I tried to sample only a little of hers so that I wouldn't be too disappointed.....well, her kısır is the best I've had by far. I raved about it so much that she promised to teach me the next time we got together.
When I saw here again we were catching up for a while and she was teaching me some local dances and I was trying to teach her some dances I'd been doing at a dance class at a gym. When we moved to the kitchen I was excited and surprised that she'd actually remembered telling me we'd make kısır and had everything ready to do so. It was fun learning from her and it was SO easy to make. I also figured out what gave hers that special kick-its NOT lemon and I don't think I would have been able to figure it out on my own.
I had a great time hanging out with she and her friends (they all dropped by later) eating my bellyful of delicious kısır, chatting, going through her closetful of awesome clothes! And now I'm pretty sure I can recreate that yummy dish!
No comments:
Post a Comment