Saturday, February 06, 2010

LONGING FOR HOME

Recently I've been finding myself longing for home.......not as in the beautiful islands of the Caribbean, but my real home, the place that is being prepared for me, where He is. A few weeks ago after a particularly sweet time with Him, I drifted off to sleep thinking, "wouldn't it be AWESOME if I didn't wake up tomorrow?!" Last night, a friend of mine mentioned praying for his 6 year old daughter's husband and the mother mentioned praying that He would return before then. I liked that thought a whole lot more!

I yearn for home because I know that He waits for me. I yearn for home because there I will sing and praise Him forever (I love to sing). I yearn for home because the things that break His heart, but unfortunately, don't always break mine will be no more. I yearn for home because there will be no more pain from, no more disappointments in and no more attachments to the things of this world. I yearn for home because I know and believe that there is so much more to this life. I yearn for home because I will completely know Him and finally and completely live as if He is worthy. I yearn for home because I will finally be free, free from the things that so easily beset me. I yearn for home because my race will be over and my fight will have been fought!

I was thinking of the last 2 verses of my probably favorite Hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Full arrayed in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
-Send thine angels now to carry
me to realms of endless day.


another version ends with-Bring thy promises to pass
For I know thy power will keep me 'til I'm home with Thee at last.


I also recently found a song by Faith Hill on my ipod, that I'd forgotten about. I've been singing them all morning (quite possibly to the chagrin of all my neighbors because acoustics here really carry). The lyrics are amazing and hopeful (I think) they get me SOOOOOO excited! Particularly the lines in the final verse:
The song will ring out, down those golden streets
The voices of earth with the angels will sing
Every knee will bow, sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace
Every knee will bow, sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace
There will come a day, there will come a day
.

I cling to the promise of sin no longer having a trace. I long for the fulfillment of that promise. I want Him to come SOON. I want to be with Him.


However, I realize that even these very good thoughts are tarnished and marred with my sin of selfishness. I have a constant, unshakeable hope and peace in the future and yearn for it, to be with Him, to be free of the cares and entanglements of this world, but I know so many who haven't a clue. They have no peace, no hope and they don't know. Yet, in my selfishness, I want to tightly grip that good gift and the promise He has given to me and run with it.............The bitter truth of the matter is, the same great day that I look forward to with eagerness and excitement, will be a day of despair for many.

I pray that He will continue to remind me and give me a desire and anticipation that there is coming a day and that it will be met with not selfishness, but that He will help me testify and model the selflessness and love that He showed me.

No comments: