Thursday, February 18, 2010

SWEET PRAYER

Today, I was plugging in a cord to an outlet in my front wall and as happened a few weeks ago, I heard and saw a spark and the overhead lights went out. FIguring the power was out/fuse blown on that wall, I went and told someone in personnel.

I had been in the midst of playing some music while my kids did work so I plugged the cd player into the back wall (like I did last time). It was then that it hit me that I'd lost power in the entire room and it also looked like the hallway was affected. I expressed my disdain and minutes later told the personnel lady who showed up.

Another 5 minutes or so the lights/power came back on and the electrician poked his head through the door. My kids all went "YAYYYY!!!" One of my students (the one who humbly responded to correction) said, "Yay! I prayed!"

It was cute and sweet. But it wasn't JUST cute and sweet, it was also heart-warming to observe that as little as they are they're grasping on to the sweet truth that we can take anything and everything to Him. They're understanding His sovereignty and power. I pray and trust that He will continue to grow their awareness of Him and help them to truly know Him and trust Him with their lives, that He will cause them to develop hearts that bring all of its matters, issues and concerns to Him, knowing and testifying that He indeed and alone is the faithful and loving One.

I'm so thankful for the many opportunities to observe the ways He is making Himself real and known to them. It thrills my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful! keep praying for those kiddos. I'm so glad that you are there to do that!