MY FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN
Yes that's right. Today is my first day of Kindergarten. But not in the traditional sense. What I mean is it's my first day as a full-time Kindergarten teacher. Today was my first day of school with the Kindergarten kids. And let me tell you that my first day of being a Kindergarten teacher was A-mazing!!!!!!!
I have to preface everything by saying that I can get a bit (someone said obsessive but I don't like that word) consumed with preparing for work and tend to stay up late because I'm not satisfied with what I've done and think there's much more that needs to be accomplished. It'll be my bedtime and I'll think, "oh just 10 more minutes!". Then it'll be half an hour later, then 1 hour, then 2 and the next thing I know it's like 2 AM and I have to get up in 4 hours! I know that this has had adverse affects on my health and is a major trigger in my acid reflux getting out of control and me eventually losing my voice (this is NEVER good for a teacher).
A few days ago, I was meeting with some friends and we were discussing "rest" and what that means and why it's so difficult to find it.
I don't know if it's the fact that after 7 years of teaching I've just matured as a teacher, I don't know if was the Father's teaching me to depend on and turn all things over to Him or if it was His faithfulness to bring peace and fruit from me trusting Him with the outcome of my labors and asking Him to teach me to be satisfied in the work He has helped me accomplish. It's probably a combination of His kindness in all three, but it was a LOVELY way to start off the school year and I look forward to the many ways He will bring Himself glory in teaching me to learn to rest in Him and trust Him with every detail of my life.
1 comment:
Really cool, and you look so relaxed, too.
Post a Comment