So I made it through my first week of teaching! And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a LOT of work to do because I'm pretty much trying to learn the curriculum, learn the materials/resources I have available to me and learn about my kids all at the same time. I think it's pretty much what happens when you move to a new job. But in any event I like it.
I managed to keep up a routine and after the 2nd day of "Teacher, I want to go home" and "Teacher, is it time to see Mommy now?, I realized that I was definitely going to need to post my schedule sooner rather than later. I was originally planning on going home and immersing myself in work for the weekend but two colleagues convinced and encouraged me to find a Chili's and journey there after our first week to unwind with some of their friends.
Chili's was kinda, "eh". I think I've decided that if I'm going to seek out a Western eatery it's going to have to be someplace for food I would not make on my own. The chicken fajita/pita at Chili's was yummy but I can make that at home. For me, I'd have to go to Arby's for curly fries, Burger King for a burger or KFC for some fried chicken because I'd never make those at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment