
My first night there we had a barbecue at there house and all of my extended family came there for the gathering. My uncle, whom I'd missed on my island was there with his family and I saw my cousin and his wife whom I haven't seen in a few years. It was great to play catch up and just crack jokes on each other. I'm so thankful for my big, fat Bahamian family! <

We all stayed up late enjoying each other's company and amusement. My cousins, the last ones to leave left late with my uncle and about 15 minutes later we received a sobering call that they'd been in an accident. When we arrived at the scene I think my uncle, Renny and I were initially VERY anxious by what we saw. The person who'd ran a red light and hit my cousin and another person's car had managed to walk away from a car in the middle of the intersection that was completely totaled! The damage and scene were pretty bad and caused a bit of traffic jam and some Bahamian rubbernecking (even that late at night). At various points while we were there waiting for the police, giving statements and waiting for the wrecker, random people who were driving by and knew any of us would park and come over to see what was going on or had happened!
We all left there that night thankful for God's kindness to our family. We realize that all the rejoicing and merry-making that had gone on that night could have been met hours later with mourning and sorrow. I was once again reminded that life is fleeting and that I should be ready at any moment to say goodbye to this world and the things in it and encouraging those I come in contact with to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment