Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My trip home has been lovely. The weather has been just yummy and it's always delightful to be home where I can just relax and enjoy the company of my family and friends and stay low.

There was the usual visit to the garden Daddy's tending and I got to see the new things that he's growing there like noni and pomegranates.

We kind of broke away from some of the the traditional/routine Christmas things. We read John 1 instead of one of the "nativity" accounts. It was so refreshing to read and discuss not just the events of the birth of Jesus but more so why He came and what He accomplished. We had a non-traditional Christmas dinner since I was only home for a few days and wanted to taste as many yummy, Bahamian dishes that I've been missing over the year as I could. I got to brush up on my Bahamian cooking and helped make the meal.

I got to spend some time with my cuz and her son- which was great. I hadn't seen them in a few years! I love coming home for visits!

No comments: