It was great to see and spend time with old friends for a few days and I'm enjoying my time in this city with my sweet, sister Sarah and conversations with Andy and Ryan.
It is very, VERY hot here and the sun is quite draining in this hustling, bustling city. The people are warm and inviting, very hospitable and we've been able to have several very interesting conversations.The landscape and scenery is beautiful and it's been nice having Andy, who knows so much about history, as our "tour guide".
My time here really opened my eyes to the spiritual darkness that I feel is so thick I can almost slice it. I've found myself constantly recalling and meditating on Rom 10:1-3 "Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For being ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of righteousness to everyone who believes". I pray that it would please my Father to open eyes and soften hearts and allow His light to break through and shine forth in the midst of the darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment