Monday, July 30, 2007

WEEKEND WEDDING WHIRLWIND

On Friday night I got to help prepare food for and serve at the rehearsal dinner of some friends. It was hosted at my friends who often cater and throw parties at their house. I got the help make sundried tomato tapenade crustinis and now I have a recipe for a tasty little dish! I really enjoyed helping Julie and Flynn out especially since I wasn't able to go to their wedding the following day.

On Saturday, I baby-sat for two of my favorite Pearsons. As always it was a pleasure. They showed me their new bunkbed and I think we all had fun playing outside.

On Sunday, I was able to get a new acquaintance to come in and teach the Sunday school kids sign language for a psalm. The kids REALLY enjoyed it!

After the service I joined some other young ladies in celebrating the upcoming wedding of my Abigail and Justin. I'm really glad I was able to make it. Over the year that I've known Abigail I've been quite encouraged by her and am so excited to see how God has worked to bring she and Justin together. We also participated in an interesting activity that I'd never before heard of. We split into 3 groups and picked someone to dress as a bride using toilet paper! I was the "bride" for my group. I think the thing that really got me was that the ladies in my group were SOO talented with creating fashionable wear from toilet paper. I must say that I was really impressed with my attire!

All in all, this weekend was filled with reminders of God's wonderful gift of marriage to several of my friends. I'm thankful for the way that God has shown His love to us through the blessings of marriage and how He uses it as a picture to us of His wonderful love for His people.

No comments: