Within hours of reentering the West, I found myself struggling with old thoughts, attitudes and behaviors. While they weren't all bad or inappropriate, many times in light of all that my Father has taught me over the past few weeks I was saddened that they weren't more heavenward. I realize that I must constantly commit and fight to keep my eyes focused on Christ and nurture relationships and pursue things that would bring Him honor and glory.
It was so nice to see and spend time with my dear friend Kristie and her children .
this week.
Her girls are as sweet and as precious as always. It was a real treat to finally meet her little boy. He's quite hearty and just a delightful and happy child. I enjoyed getting to know him
We had some really good time to catch up and I was greatly encouraged, as always by this.
I'm quite thankful for all of the godly women I've been blessed with as examples and how they have challenged me with their words and lives in how I can keep a godly perspective in all things and live, act and think in ways that would make much of Jesus.
Friday evening was Ky's last day of work at her current job.
We had a "Freedom Celebration" at the house with build-your-own-kebabs and making smores on the grill.
Before the party started to disperse we took some time to pray for Ky as she embarks on a new passage in life and then lit sparklers.
I can't remember the connection LP made between the event and the sparklers. I'll say so that Ky will sparkle for Jesus wherever she goes, but I reckon LP just wanted to use the sparklers!
It was lots of fun, we even had a little swing and salsa dancing going on! It was definitely different from our regular game nights but lots of fun nonetheless. As always, the Edison House girls had a great time!
On Saturday evening a group of us had planned to get together to see The Phantom of the Opera.
Most of us met for dinner at a pretty fancy restaurant before heading over to see a production of The Phantom of the Opera.
The opera was great and it was so nice to get together with believers and have some upscle, good, clean, fun and entertainment.
It was so nice that Jason went to such an extent to arrange and organize such a wonderful evening for us ll!
No comments:
Post a Comment