Thursday, June 07, 2007



So I got to hang with the Twinkos again these past few weeks. My friend Fedor and I were invited over for dinner with the family a few weeks ago. It was a special treat because I really don't get to hang out with them and their parents at the same time since they're usually out while I'm sitting for them. Lots of great food and good conversation.

I think the highlights were getting to sit in on Bible study after dinner as well as tub time! I'm so thankful that the Father has chosen to make Himself known and is stirring the hearts of believers to instill and pass on His truths and love to their children at such tender ages.

Tonight I bid adieu to a family I've come to know and love over the past year. I was saddened that they will be leaving even though I knew upon meeting them that they would. It has been such a blessing to forge friendships and convenant with them. It's amazing too to see how the Father has evidenced their faithfulness to Him in their words, actions and lifestyle as well as His to them through the lives of their children. Aside from the way the couple love and honor each other, to hear their youngest son, an adolescent, speak about leaving and going somewhere new with the faith and conviction that although difficult it will be honoring the Father and that nothing could more important in this life than bringing Him, glory thrilled my soul. It's the type of conversation not of a child merely parroting his parents but of a child who has not only heard words but seen beliefs and values lived out through his parents lives in a way that prompts Him to follow and choose to claim those as his own.

I can only pray that if my Father sees fit to bless me with a family some day that I will be a display of His glory to my children and that He will call them unto Himself at a young age to make Him known.

No comments: