Saturday, April 21, 2007

This week has been full of pleasant surprises. On Tuesday I had a long day at work then headed to the pregnancy center where I had some good conversations and opportunities to share truth. On the way out I found out that Small group had been cancelled. I was so relieved because I was really tired. I figured this meant we could go ahead and have the house meeting that had been postponed for so long.

Ever since I was in the hospital earlier this month I became pretty fruststrated with the fact that both times that I've been there it's been directly related to the same thing- sinusitis/allergies. I felt like SOMETHING had to give! So.....I did a little research on allergies and what could be done. I didn't actually think you COULD do anything about allergies short of medication and I've gone that route. I hate being on medication for at least 1/2 the year so that doesn't work for me. Well...I'd seen several things about changing the diet to include more natural/local foods in order to get your body familiar with local pollen and Rose had just started a raw food diet with her father for health reasons. I figured, why not combine the two and see if it helps. The past 2 weeks had been easy because I've had little to no appetite only wanting water, grapes or watermelon. I'd gotten more informed about raw food meals, seen and tasted stuff Rose had made like "crackers" and realized this week that it's going to take a little more work on my part.

When I got home I found out that LP wouldn't be there so the house meeting would be further delayed. Well, I had already purchased some of the things needed for a raw food dish Spanish "rice" made with cauliflower and Rose was home so she helped me prepare the dish. It was lots of fun hanging out and "cooking" together. I can't say I'm too thrilled with Spanish "rice" - it leaves a little something to be desired but I've got a hang of what to do and am more comfortable in preparing these dishes. However, I'm quite thankful for the opportunity I had to just spend some time having fun and interacting with Rose.

I was so confident that the very next evening I went out and got ingredients to make 2 more dishes I had found recipes for on www.goneraw.com. I must make the disclaimer however, that I'm not a raw foodist and don't see myself ever becoming one because I think God has blessed us with modern technology in heat needed and found to rid foods of their natural toxins. Tomato avocado salad and Lemon "cookies". The salad I put on top of dried seaweed wraps with sprouts and I had to refrain from eating the "cookie" batter. They were both deLISH! I think I could get used to this.

On Friday evening, I was finally able to spend some time celebrating Lauren's birthday with her. We went out for dinner at Olive Garden and came back home to watch one of my favorite movies- The Emperor's New Groove!

No comments: