Friday, April 27, 2007

This week I had the opportunity to hang out for dinner with two lovely ladies from my church. It was very spritually uplifting and encouraging. One of the ladies I met at our ladies' retreat. I had carpooled with her and we ended up being in the same small group and eating together. She's awesome and we really clicked. It was really good chatting, eating and just plain being goofy and laughing over dinner. I was encouraged by her desire to be content in the Father in all things, something that I know I too need to work on.

During the latter part of the week I was able to meet with another sister who I'd actually met last fall at the close-out dinner/get-together for our Friday night street conversations. I was immediately impressed by her but we hadn't been able to get together until now. We shared life and how our Father had been working and what he'd been teaching us over the past few months. I was blessed by her sincerity and perserverance in seeking ways to be thankful and serve our Father in the midst of difficulties as well as in just learning how His ever present hand had stayed and guided her.

I'm so thankful for the body of believers and hope we can have in the fact that our Father allows us to have experiences both negative and positive in order to draw us closer to Himself and also encourage and build up others.

No comments: