Sunday, February 18, 2007

The weather has been pretty sketchy this month. Snow flurries, freezing rain, rumors of snowstorms but pretty much nothing substantial. The other counties got delays and days off but we still had to go to school in what I consider less than desirable driving conditions. Tuesday night it snowed and we got a delay Wednesday morning. I was elated with the extra time to get things accomplished at work. I'd been feeling as if I was constantly behind for so long. God had used the delay to answer several prayer requests that had been heavy on my heart and I was so amazed at how He works in and above circumstances. Also, I got all of the work and things done in my room that I needed to do. Per my observation my word walls have been updated and I also got a bulletin board outside my room last week and finished putting it up, so that was pretty exciting, I love feeling as if I got something accomplished and it's nice to see the results!

I got home earlier than expected because the pregnancy center had closed due to the inclement weather. Upon arriving home I discovered that all my housies had gotten off of work early and were already setting in motion plans for dinner together. It was wonderful to have time to get together to eat and spend time together. Laur made this YUMMY split peas soup with barley and Marianne made homeade cornbread biscuits. Laur made this tasty honeybutter spread to go with the biscuits. As we sat around the table eating and chatting I kept thinking about God's sovereign hand and lovingkindness in bringing us believers together to live, learn from, be encouraged and motivate each other to live for Christ.

It was a delicious meal and unfortunately, I was tired and bounced right away to get ready for bed. Daddy called me before I drifted off which was so nice. I LOVE getting phone calls from my Daddy. We caught up for a while before I got some shut eye because I was sure my Valentine's day would start off with getting up extra early to drive to work in the icy conditions. Boy I was in for a Valentine's treat! School was closed not just Wednesday, but Thursday as well. I've never had a lovelier Valentine's day gift!

When I returned to work on Friday, I was so rejuvenated and rested. I'm so thankful for God's kindness in the midst of unfavorable weather.

No comments: