Sunday, February 11, 2007

So we finally had our first party as a new house today. We'd been planning this for weeks. I felt kind of rushed today because our superintendent is coming in next week and I wanted to get most of the things that I know need to be improved or done accomplished by Monday. I cleaned house this morning, made a 7-layer salad then headed out the door to work in my classroom for a few hours.

When I got home I had a few hours to unwind and get ready.

Baby Simona came over early for a couple of hours and we watched her while her parents had a mini-date. She is such a sweet and pleasant baby, just a joy to watch! Our first guests trickled in and this new guy, Josh, from church taught us how to play Texas hold-em. Well, I'll say attempted to teach us because I certainly didn't learn. When Simona's parents returned we played the couch game which I think is SOOOO much fun! Patrick was such a riot! The guys won, although I think it can't go without mentioning that the girls had a gross disadvantage imposed on them. There were only 5 of us and 7 of them! But it was definitely LOTS of fun. Can't wait to play THAT again! We took a break to snack and got ready to play Cranium and there was this ginormous insurge of CHBC people who'd just left the Henry Forum.



We ended up having to split into 2 groups-Cranium (people who were there earlier and newcoming CapBappers) and Apples to Apples (mostly CapBappers).

Surprisingly, we still had food left over and encouraged everyone to grab baggies of snacks and treats before signing the guest book!


By the time the last of the guests trickled out it was after midnight. Some of the guys were so helpful they stayed around to help us bring food/chairs back upstairs and took out the trash. We reflected on how thankful we were that we could get together with and have good, clean fun with other believers. We had a lot of fun and I can't wait until we find another reason to have another get together.

No comments: