Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I"VE GOT IT!!

So I got my passport and honestly, only by the amazing and timely intervention of my Father. On my way back home from GC a few weeks ago, I'd stopped in the capital a few days before it was scheduled to be picked up. I'd already contacted the office and asked that it be ready a week early b/c of the convenience since I was flying through the capital home en route from GC. and had been told that it was.

Well, it wasn't. I spent 5 hours standing on several lines the first day to be told that it wasn't. Then 7 hours the next when I was told it "might" be and couldn't contact anyone to find out without going down in person. Anyway, while there I heard lots of sad stories of people having to eat their tickets out of the country because they didn't get their passports back in time and people who came on the due date to be told to come 2 weeks later to again be told to come 2 weeks later. Mine wasn't even due yet and there were all these people still waiting so I figured I had no reason for complaint or argument but it would have been nice if they'd answered their phones the 2nd day so I wouldn't have had to stand around all day.

I was really challenged in my thinking my last few days there as it dawned on me, "What if I'm not supposed to get it back early? My Father knows my needs and how important it is to me to get it by a certain date in order to make a flight out of the country. But what if He means for me to go back home and have to come back? He knows better than I do. In fact, what if He means to delay me and for me not to get it according to my schedule?" As I pondered these things I further thought, "What then?" I kept coming back to the same train of thought. All things are for His glory. I don't know what the outcome is but how can I bring Him glory in the midst of it all.

My last morning there, I went to work with my aunt because she had a coworker who knew someone in the passport office. I spent that morning before my afternoon flight in this lady's office. She was frantically trying to orchestrate things so that I could get my passport. In the midst of all of this she was curious to know about me, where I was coming from, where I was going etc. All I could think was, "My being in her office this morning should bring Him glory. How can I bring Him glory in my responses?" Anyway, eventually it got to a point where I told her not to stress out about trying to get my passport, my Father knows my need in having it in the next 2 weeks before I leave. I would have loved to have received it while there but He knows what's best and having to return in light of so many other things isn't some horrible thing. If I need to have it then He will provide it regardless of who we know or who we talk to and He will provide it at the right time. It's amazing how the Father works. While I didn't get my passport on that trip, I DID experience an amazing peace about the entire situation in the midst of sharing with this woman what I believe.

I went home, had a great time with family and friends and returned the weekend after pick up. When I went to pick it up the first workday after, it was waiting for me not a hassle or string attached. And you know what, He did it all-no help necessary from me or anyone else. I loved being able to go home for another week, spend time with family, see my brother again one last time and just revel and boast in my inabilities and His amazing work yet again!


I trust that in the future this will be something that I remember and recall as one of the ways the Father has proven Himself faithful. I think the amazing thing is that He doesn't always change the situation but He changes your heart to make it in tune with His truth and give you an incredible peace in the midst of whatever trial you're going through. To think of the anxious, worrisome person I used to be and what the Father has done in my life and heart is amazing and a testimony to His grace and power.

No comments: