Monday, July 07, 2008

CREPES


I finally realized yesterday why the lemon basil rice I made the other day was SOOOOO watery. When translating the directions, I interpreted 3 tablespoons to mean 3 CUPS! That'll do it. I've had a hankering for pancakes and the only thing I've been able to find in the house is a box mix for crepes. So as I attempted to make them I was armed with a pretty thick dictionary to help me accurately translate directions. Joey had forewarned me that they're not as easy to make as it seems on the box and that you need a special machine to do it properly. But I figured it's a box mix that calls for a skillet and I was feeling pretty adventurous.

I was pleasantly surprised. It took me MUCH longer than I thought from start to finish what with interpreting directions and all but within 2 hours I had a nice little dinner of crepes with Grenadine syrup or nutella and scrambled eggs.


No comments: