Saturday, November 17, 2007

BIRTHDAY BASH AND CUBAN COOKING


This evening after Bible study I was able to get together with a group of friends to celebrate another year in the life of a good friend. We had little brownies and sundaes. We took the brownies, with Happy Birthday candles spelled and arranged in the bowl out while singing and carrying candles (for ambience).

There were a few other people there that celebrated birthdays that week as well. November seems to be a hot month for birthdays amongst my friends. I'm reminded of Solomon's conclusion in Eccl. 12:13 The end of the matter, all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. And David's prayer in Psalm 90:12So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. We know that life is fleeting but we have hope that there is more to this life than just living and dying. We rejoice and celebrate life and its gifts but solemnly ask for wisdom to remember this and make the most of the days we have been given as a meaningful testimony of God.

Today I got to play catch up with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while. I got to help make "Cubans". I'd never heard of the sandwiches before but they are quite tasty and I enjoyed making AND eating them with black beans and yellow rice!

No comments: