Monday, September 18, 2006

Yesterday my pastor finished up the last chapter on the series of Ruth. I was challenged and encouraged to constantly and consciously bring to memory God's past blessings and kindnesses in my life and use those as encouragement and motivation to trust God in the midst of my circumstances. Naomi thought God had dealt harshly with her and her circumstances led her to believe her life was empty. Yet, in the midst of what she thought were dire circumstances, He was working in her life to answer her prayers in ways she didn't anticipate to bring more glory to Himself and more blessings to her despite her complaining and doubt.

I think I needed to be reminded that God always answers prayers and meets my needs although the means may not be as I imagined or desired He is faithful and always comes through with more than I could ever ask or imagine.

Here's a picture Diana, Joanna, KA, Ryan and I took on Labor day when we went kayaking.
Good times!

No comments: