Saturday, June 24, 2006

SOOOOOO much has happened since I last blogged. It's been a little over THREE months!

At the end of March I became a member of the church that God had led me to in November. I've been so blessed under the leadership, teaching and relationships God has provided there.

On April 27th I completed my last day at my old job as a 2nd grade teacher walking in faith that God would open the doors to a position as an ESOL teacher. It was amazing how he worked! While my paperwork had originally been lost in the process, then found, completed and sent to me to be authorized and sent to the proper authorities, it was delivered at the wrong house! When everything was sorted out and I received it I thought "Lord, for some reason you want to remind me that this IS your will. There was no reason for that postal worker to double check in and of his own volition. I've been doubting this decision but thank you for reminding me that you ARE leading and guiding me." Actually getting the papers authorized turned out to be a feat as well. However, because of what had just happened hours before I was confident and didn't leave thinking all was lost. God worked everything out and everything was sent off in time.

On the 30th I packed up the last of my stuff in my basement apartment near Annapolis and headed to the home of a coworker who had graciously offered to let me rent from her for the next 2 months before I move into the Edison House NEXT WEEKEND!

God has guided me to use my time getting to serve my church and get to know my fellow brothers and sisters better. Previously, I'd enjoy a service and then book it so that I could make the hour drive home and be refreshed in order to be to work at 7:30 am. With no job and living closer to church I'm now able to fellowship and volunteer at leisure.

I've been blessed with the opportunities to volunteer with one of our ministries, work in the nursery and get to know the children and moms that attend the Wed. morning Bible study, volunteer at the Teen Moms' parenting class hosted at our church and the crisis pregnancy center where I'm currently training to be a counselor. All of these are stretching and growing opportunities that I never would have considered had I been working or still living far away.

While I may not be where I would have put myself financially, I can see God's hand in blessing and providing the necessary spiritual, emotional and relational support I've needed at this time. I can't wait to see what He's going to teach me and how He's going to bring glory to Himself through my life in this season that I'm in!

I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with blogging!

No comments: