Thursday, March 30, 2006

Today was a hectic day. I guess I feel overwhelmed by everything I have to do at home and work to finish out the school year. When it starts it seems like the end is so very far away and then the next thing you know it's spring break, Easter is around the corner and then you're into the last week of school.

It seems so simple but all the planning for the final quarter of school and trying to finish this last one well, a new desk arrangement, taking a look at my kids and evaluating for all the things that I still have to teach or train them in for SATs and in preparation for the next grade -academically and behaviorally (I think everyone has spring fever!) I hate to say it but, yes, I do feel stressed out and not having a job set up or knowing which country I'll be in next year kind of adds to it.

During my devotions today I was reminded through Rom. 8:16-30 and 2 Cor. 4:17 that I'm not promised a stress-free life and that the things that frustrate me are so insignificant and short-lived compared to the glorious promises God has given for the future. Further, God wants to use the afflictions and troubles of this world to shape me into the person He wants me to be.

So as I arrange my desks and set up for tomorrow before leaving for home, I think of how I can apply these truths to my life and my outlook. I start by praising God for choosing me to be His child, wanting to make something of me and my life, working in and through every situation and asking Him to help me stay faithful and obedient to Him.

No comments: