Last weekend, I learnt a new song at my church's (it feels so good to claim membership there!) women's retreat and God has been using it to minister to me ever since. The words are such a poignant reminder of God's love and hand in our lives and of the promises and hope we can cling to as His children.
O wondrous love that will not let me go
I cling to you with all my strength and soul
Yet if my hold should ever fail
This wondrous love will never let me go
O wondrous love that's come to dwell in me
Lord who am I that I should come to know
Your tender voice assuring me
Your wondrous love will never let me go
I'm resting in the everlasting arms
In the ever faithful heart
The shepherd of my life
You carry me on your mighty wings of grace
Keeping me until the dayI look into your eyes
O wondrous love that sings of Calvary
The sweetest sound this sinner's ever known
The song of your redeeming Son
Whose wondrous love will never let me go
O wondrous love that rushes over me
I can't escape this river's glorious flow
You overwhelm my days with good
Your wondrous love will never let me go
During one of the panel discussions one of the speakers shared from a book that quoted C.J. Mahaney as saying, " Your greatest need is to be delivered from the wrath of God - and that has already been accomplished for you through the death and resurrection of Christ. So why doubt that God will provide a much, much lesser need? Trust His sovereignty; trust His wisdom, trust His love."
I'm not sure what God is going to do in my life right now but I'm comforted by the fact that God is good and faithful. His ways and thoughts are higher than mine and He works all things out for good to those who are His children. So, while His plans may not be my mine regarding my job or living situation, I know that wherever I am or will be is the best place to be because it'll be with Him and in Him. There's no place better or safer to be than in the will of God because as His child I know that His wondrous love will never let me go.
No comments:
Post a Comment