Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another year of good times with sNATch

Today we celebrated another year with our dear friend. We made the trek out to her place on a very cold day. So cold it was the first we were seeing of snow, and possibly somewhat early in the year.

As is her tradition, she invited her friends over to celebrate her birthday and made dinner for them. The plan was to go see The Tourist after dinner.We hung out in the kitchen for a while munching on hors d'oeuvres and catching up.

She made this delicious moussaka that I've been given the recipe for but am afraid to try for fear I might make it correctly and want to make and eat it a LOT. After dinner we had this incredibly moist strawberry cake she had made. I felt like I wanted to take a nap. Not only was it soo very cold outside, making me not want to step out, but I was filled and stuffed with yummy, good eats!

We made it to the theatre and I must say I absolutely LOVED The Tourist! I know critics seemed to enjoy panning the film but it was one of the most enjoyable or Angelina Jolie's movies that I've ever seen. Not only was it a good mix of adventure, suspense and mystery but it was oh-so clean. My kind of movie!

Following the movie we headed to Starbucks and hung out and had warm drinks. All in all it was a great, low-key night of hanging with good friends, enjoying good food and a good movie. Good times, good times!

No comments: