Sunday, August 02, 2020

The Son Always Shines

I woke up this morning planning to watch the sun rise before my quiet time.  Initially I thought I was too late.  Then it dawned on me that it was just a very overcast day and I figured all I would get was this cool looking almost black and white shot.    13 and 20 minutes later my view was a vivid reminder of a lesson God taught me when I lived overseas that bears remembering now.    

Even though the clouds of life gather and I’m tempted to feel alone, despair, bereft of goodness in my life the sun is STILL there. I can trust that God is always present, always redeeming, always working His wise, good, and timely plan because everything He has said He will do He has done, is doing and will do.  Long ago He did what seemed impossible sending His Son to live a perfect life, die for the sin of man, and then victoriously raise from the defeated ash clouds of sin and death.  The Son has been, is, and always will be shining.

Even when I can’t see Him on account of the clouds of life’s sin inflicted broken mess He is there illuminating and bringing beauty out of the darkness and brokenness of our world.   He is faithfully restoring and bringing meaning to what I can and cannot see.

This led me to reading the sweet promises of hope revisited long ago when they came to pass in Luke 1:78-79. “.....because of the tender mercy of our God, whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."  Praise God, the Son always rises and shines!

No comments: