PUSHUP PERSUASION
So I was late to my aerobics class today........... My instructor told me to do 10 pushups! I REALLY don't like pushups. I always feel my puny upper arms wobble and think I'm about to fall on my chin. Plus, I can't do more than 2 in a row!
I only ended up doing 7 though......She was instructing the rest of the class while I took my consequences and I think she figured when she told me okay I could stop now that I'd done 10 by then-that's how slow I am!
Well, at least I got to practice listening and speaking after class when she tried to tell me the consequence of coming to class late. She wasn't sure I understood but I was able to go up to her later and say "To me, you said, at 9 I don't come, pushups I have to do." Not sure I got all of the tenses right but hey it's a sentence in a new environment and situation so I think that's pretty good!
It dawned on me though that if I know I'm going to be late, I could just not go. I wonder if that's why I haven't seen a few people lately? Anyway, it's a good thing I like aerobics class more than I dislike pushups!
No comments:
Post a Comment