I got to take advantage of the long weekend and make the long anticipated trip to the West Coast with some friends. I was a little surprised by how cold the mornings and evenings were. I think in my mind I've got the sunny beaches of So Cal. and Beverly Hills stuck and keep forgetting that it's a pretty extensive state in terms of terrain and weather. Anyway, I was glad I brought a few sweaters!
It was great to get a change from my regular work schedule. All I really did was live with some of my favorite people and help them with tending their children but the Father was kind to teach me a lot about myself and Him through my interactions and observations of life with and for them. I think I was definitely reminded that a lot of the things that are trials for me are part of blessings and answered prayers that I've asked for and that I have to remember that in the Father's sovereignty He knows what's best for me (that includes the easy and the difficult) and He intends to use those to sanctify me not cause me to give up. I'm very comforted by the reminder that by His hand He leadeth me.
No comments:
Post a Comment